May 23, 2022 (Moscow, Idaho) — A planned improvement project on Mountain View Road is scheduled to begin Jun 6, 2022. The Mountain View Project’s purpose is to improve traffic flow and safety from Joseph St through Sixth St Project features include:
- The widening of the existing 24-foot-wide, two lane road to a 36-foot-wide, two lane, multi-modal road.
- Removing and replacing curbs, gutters, sidewalks and tree lawns along the corridor while improving ADA accessibility.
- Adding a rectangular rapid flash beacon (RRFB) on Seventh St and Mountain View Rd for the pedestrian crossing as well as including intersection improvements at Joseph St and Mountain View Rd.
- Installing a roundabout at Sixth St and Mountain View Rd for traffic flow and safety improvements.
- Replacing the Sixth St Bridge over Paradise Creek.
During the project, residents can expect road closures, detours, and possible delays near this location. This project will require the closure of Mountain View Rd from B St to Harold St and Sixth St from Park Dr to E of Mountain View Intersection. Detours will be posted throughout, however residents are encouraged to find an alternate route to use for the duration of the project. The City appreciates the public’s patience as these necessary repairs and upgrades are made to the City’s infrastructure.
This project is scheduled for completion fall of 2022.
ADA accessibility is a top priority for the City in all projects. If this project or any other City project is found to be impacting anyone’s ability to access public services, please email email@example.com or call 208-883-7600.
Every effort will be made to adhere to the contractor’s daily schedule; however, unforeseen circumstances may require adjustment. For questions about the project, including the project schedule or concerns about resident access, please contact the City of Moscow Engineering Division at 208-883-7034.