Job Listing Description: Full-time: Thursday – Monday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
$12.00/Hour Starting Wage
The Humane Society of the Palouse is hiring a full-time Animal Care Attendant. We need an individual who is passionate about the welfare and humane treatment of animals. This position requires dedication to the animals in our care, and to the community to provide the best possible care of these animals entrusted to us. This position requires a special person; someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands a little dirty and someone who really wants to make the world a better place. The job is emotionally and physically strenuous. We witness happy stories and happy pets, and we witness sad stories and neglected pets. You will experience laughter and tears while working to make Moscow and the County a better place for pets to live. Through outreach, education and assistance programs, HSoP takes pride in our efforts to promote responsible pet ownership while making it accessible to all pet owners.
The right candidate for this position will have good communication skills, the ability to handle and cope with stress and emotions, a strong ability to manage time well, and be dedicated to the education of responsible pet ownership. Some, but not all tasks that are expected in this job include: cleaning animal cages, medicating animals, properly handling/restraining animals, providing excellent customer service, preforming reception duties, and handling animals in many different capacities. This position may include working under adverse conditions such as: inclement weather, loud noise, and possible exposure to infectious diseases, parasites, and animal waste in a physically and emotionally demanding environment.
Highlights of HSoP employment:
– Paid sick leave and vacation leave, accrued by hours worked
– Health, Vision, and Dental benefits-50% employer covered available after 60-days
– Access to a 401K
– A set work schedule
– Paid, on-the-job training
Potential candidate qualifications:
– Have a high school diploma or equivalent
– Must not be queasy about blood, poop, parasites or needles
– Must be okay standing for long periods of time
– Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
– Must be flexible/receptive to change
– Previous work experience in animal care is preferred, but not required.
– Be able to understand and carry out oral and written directions
– Be willing to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays
– Have good customer service skills
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Listing Description: 100% employee-owned NRS is the world’s leading manufacturer of paddlesports gear and apparel with a 50-year legacy in the outdoor recreation industry. Founded on the idea that business can be more than just a way to make money, we strive to be the kind of company we would want to do business with, and the kind of company we enjoy working for. ABOUT THE JOB As a Customer Experience Specialist, you’ll be the voice of NRS for customers from throughout the Northwest, the United States, and the world. You’ll ensure that each and every person who interacts with us enjoys the friendliness, expertise and outstanding service that define NRS. You’ll provide professional-grade equipment and apparel that empowers adventures on the water, and you’ll offer expert advice and guidance to support our customers on their journey. This role requires someone who is passionate about the outdoors with a background in paddlesports or strong desire to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES ● Think and act independently to surprise and delight NRS customers by providing the best possible experience, whether answering questions, solving problems, or just making someone’s day
● Build rapport with people inside and outside the organization
● Provide expert advice to customers to help them find the right gear
● Answer inbound calls, emails, and chats with professional language and friendly tone. Types of communications can include but are not limited to order assisting, answering product questions and inquiries, product troubleshooting, managing basic wholesale inquiries, etc.
● Research required information using available resources when necessary
● Handle and resolve customer complaints, identifying and escalating priority issues and reporting to high-level management when necessary
● Process and manage online web orders while communicating efficiently and effectively with the customer about order status, backordered items, etc.
● Handle product returns with our Hassle-Free and Rock Solid Guarantee in mind
● Cross-train in wholesale operations to handle basic orders and inquiries
● Operate within multiple software systems to manage/complete customer information and orders
● Manage other duties/projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS ● Outdoor enthusiast with interest in learning about all things paddlesports
● Proactive mindset and creative problem-solving skills
● Friendly and positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
● Strong verbal and written communication
● Ability to work independently without losing the teamwork mentality
● Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and some weekends
PREFERRED ● Previous boating experience
● 6+ months customer service/sales experience in any industry
Compensation ranges $17 – $19 per hour DOE. Please submit cover letter and resume at https://www.nrs.com/about/careers/. Applications will be accepted through 09/08/23 or until positions are filled.
Job Listing Description: ART JOB! Festival Dance & Performing Arts, Moscow, seeks an Executive Director to continue the organization’s 50-year legacy of bringing professional dance and diverse touring companies to the Palouse. The 0.8 FTE position includes business management and marketing of the organization, building the Great Performances Series, and overseeing outreach programs and the Festival Dance Academy, all of which bring the beauty and excitement of the performing arts to people of all ages throughout the region. The ideal candidate will combine business expertise with knowledge of the arts and a desire to serve the community. For more information, find a complete job description at https://www.festivaldance.org/employment.
Job Listing Description: Directs, administers and coordinates the overall operations of The Idaho Foodbank in the North Central Region, including product receipt and distribution, logistics and transportation, inventory control, programs planning evaluation and execution. This position actively engages and seeks regional financial and food donors, represents The Idaho Foodbank and its programs, and promotes hunger awareness in the North Central counties.
VIEW MORE DETAILS and Apply: idahofoodbank.org/about/employment
Job Listing Description: The Program Coordinator (Hourly, Full-time) is responsible for coordination and management of programing support to ensure success carrying the mission of the Moscow Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to strengthen, promote, and lead the business and economic community and support the free enterprise system while preserving and enhancing the quality of life through activities that promote the livability, tourism, and commerce of Moscow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Assist the Executive team in implementing marketing plans
· Provide overall program support including logistical coordination of events and other office functions
· Develop weekly newsletter & other correspondence for program support
· Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
· Process Payroll and Time Sheets, ensuring their accuracy.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding organization’s financial and personal information.
· Assist in Preparation of Support Work for Audits.
· Assist with Chamber events and general chamber operations as required.
· Provide coverage for the front desk as needed.
· Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
· Exercise appropriate judgement in answering questions and relating information; analyze and anticipate consequences of decisions and/or recommendations
· Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments as appropriate
· Provide event support as directed
· Assist with the cleanliness and upkeep of workstation and community office spaces
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Positive, team-oriented attitude
· Great communication skills
· Ability to learn
· Integrity and empathy
· Excellent computer and typing skills
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office, Outlook, Canva, and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) platforms
· WordPress and database management experience are a plus
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 1-2 years of experience demonstrating progression of responsibilities in administrative support or program coordination.
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License
· Must be available to work some nights and weekends
· Must be able to perform the physical demands which include lifting and moving up to 25 pounds.
· Must be a self-starter and have the ability to handle a number of tasks simultaneously.
· Experience managing and coordinating volunteer
Job Listing Description: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) designs and manufactures the products and solutions that protect and control electric power systems across the globe. https://selinc.com/assemblers Here, your work supports our mission of making electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical.
Start at $18/hr plus differential shift pay.
Begin a career as a full-time member of our 100% employee-owned company as an assembler!
Shifts include weekend, swing, and third.
Gain a long-term career, not just a job.
Experience career security on the spot.
SEL offers clearly defined career advancement paths and provides the training and resources necessary to achieve them.
Experience work-life balance.
Enjoy 10 paid holidays and 12 accrued days of paid time off each year.
SEL also offers progressive benefits, including paid family medical leave.
Job Listing Description: 100% employee-owned NRS is the world’s leading manufacturer of paddlesports gear and apparel with a 50-year legacy in the outdoor recreation industry. Founded on the idea that business can be more than just a way to make money, we strive to be the kind of company we would want to do business with, and the kind of company we enjoy working for.
Normal job responsibilities include order fulfillment, receiving inventory and various warehousing functions. The job requirements include working on your feet, lifting up to 50 pounds and following instructions. A successful Warehouse candidate is a motivated individual who understands the importance of:
· Strong work ethic
· Positive attitude
· Attention to detail
· Consistently producing quality work
· Workplace safety
Previous warehouse and receiving experience are a plus, but not required. Wages $15-$18/hr DOE plus full benefits (for full-time only). Apply on the NRS website: https://www.nrs.com/about/careers/. Applications will be accepted until 09/08/23 or until positions are filled.