Idaho Firewise is a non-profit organization that coordinates, supports, and promotes wildland fire education to broaden the understanding of wildfire’s role in ecosystems, and equips and motivates those who live in or visit Idaho to reduce loss from wildfire.
- Provide a coordinated, consistent, interagency, and consensus-driven approach to wildland fire education in Idaho.
- Define target audiences, messages, methods of delivery, and match audience needs with existing materials or develop new materials.
- Develop resources and support for educational and other community-led activities across the state.
- Establish and grow partnerships with private and public entities that have a stake in wildfire prevention and education.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of key messages.
- Facilitate information sharing across agencies and jurisdictional lines.
- Inventory, catalog, and provide a web-based clearinghouse of existing fire education materials.
At Idaho Firewise, Inc., we commit to creating an inclusive organization and value the perspectives and lived experiences that each person brings to our mission. We value each staff person, board member, volunteer and donor, and together with our partners, recognize that access and equity is a right for every person in every community.