The Inland Northwest Council, #611, serves more than 2,000 youth members with over 1,000 volunteer leaders in more than 160 Cub Scout Packs, Scouts BSA Troops, Venture Crews, and Explorer Posts. The council is divided into 4 districts each with staff support as well as a volunteer committee to organize and support Scouting programs in its geographic area. The council employs 6 full-time, 3 part-time, and 150 temporary employees (for summer camp operations).
Scouting was founded in 1910 in the United States and in 1915 as the Spokane Council. The council was incorporated in the state of Washington in 1922 as the Inland Empire Council. The current Inland Northwest Council was formed after a merger with the Lewis-Clark and Idaho Panhandle Councils in 1992. A local volunteer executive board governs the council with an executive committee of officers and an advisory board.