The University of Idaho is recruiting a University Technical Product Manager to join their Center on Disabilities and Human Development, a newly created role that blends the best of both worlds: product and project leadership. This position can be remote within the state of Idaho with preference to be located in Moscow, Idaho. In this role, you’ll be at the forefront of the IdahoSTARS project, the go-to source for top-quality childcare in the state. Your mission: Provide top-tier technical support, mastermind software solutions, and streamline workflows to elevate professional development and quality improvement efforts. If you’re passionate about contributing to a meaningful cause and excited about the chance to shape the future of childcare in Idaho, we want to hear from you!
Submit your resume today to learn more!
Description: What you’ll be doing
Another Source’s client, the University of Idaho, is recruiting a Technical Product Manager to join their Center on Disabilities and Human Development. This position can be remote within the state of Idaho, preferably located in Moscow, Idaho.
About the department and the program:
The Technical Product Manager contributes directly to the success of the IdahoSTARS Project, one of the many projects run by the University of Idaho’s Center on Disabilities and Human Development – an independent unit within the College of
Education, Health and Human Sciences.
IdahoSTARS is the leading expert and resource for quality child care in Idaho. We empower parents and early childhood professionals to make safe, healthy, nurturing, and educational child care a top priority. We support child care professionals to continually improve early care and educational practices.
This is a joint project between the Idaho Center on Disabilities and Human Development and the Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children.
Learn more about IdahoSTARS: https://idahostars.org/About-Us
Learn more about University of Idaho’s Center on Disabilities and Human Development: https://idahocdhd.org/
The Product Manager provides high-level technical support, design, and development of software applications and related workflows for professional development and quality improvement work conducted by IdahoSTARS. This position is responsible for the success of a product or family of products. This position will work closely with cross-functional business leaders, peers and technology leadership to ensure systems are positioned for the growth of the university. This includes performing or supervising analysis, design, development, and testing, to ensure the deployment of reliable, secure, and scalable business-critical applications and platforms. The Technical Product Manager works in a collaborative environment with business and technology owners and fosters a culture of teamwork and support across the university and within the technology team.
What’s in it for you:
Founded to make a difference: https://www.uidaho.edu/about
Your day will likely include:
- Understanding and representing user needs
- Defining a vision and roadmap for a product
- Aligning stakeholders around the vision for the product
- Prioritizing product features and capabilities
- Managing a product backlog
- Overseeing development stages and evaluate progress
- Serving as a liaison between department stakeholders and the Office of Information Technology development team
- Collaborating across teams to empower independent decision-making
- Administering applications
- Providing high level reporting to departments across the university
What we would like to see from you:
- Three years of experience in the following: Working with software applications in a technical or functional support role; Prioritizing work and ensuring projects and workloads are completed on time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.