POSITION: Surplus Sale Pick-up and Delivery Crew
Position Summary: Ride along or drive the Habitat box truck to pick up and deliver furniture, appliances, construction materials at the Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale. Act as an ambassador for the
Palouse Habitat mission and ensure a positive donating and shopping experience.
• 8-20 hours per week
• Flexible schedule weekdays &/or Saturdays
• Based at 304 N. Main Street in Moscow, pick and deliver around Latah and Whitman Counties
• Store is closed holidays
• Staff lunches provided often
• Reports to Surplus Sale Manager
• Pick up donated furniture, appliances, and deliver them to the Surplus Sale Store, and deliver purchased items.
• Communicate with Manager and Assistant Manager regarding donation pick up schedule.
• Screen donations for acceptability.
• Engage with shoppers and donors in a friendly, thoughtful manner.
• Ensure a high level of donor and customer satisfaction in all interactions.
• Help keep retail displays and walkways, exterior sidewalk, receiving and disposal/recycling areas orderly, clean and safe.
• Assist donors and customers with loading and unloading items.
• Be informed of and follow Habitat policies, programs and mission.
• Other duties as assigned by Surplus Sale Manager
• Be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license, strong driving record and reliable personal transportation.
• Able to safely lift objects weighing 50 pounds or more on a repetitive basis. Physical ability to sit, walk, stand, climb stairs and ladders, bend, kneel etc. for most of the day
while carrying out duties.
• Work well within a team and with the public.
• Strong communication skills. Respond to emails.
• Self-starter with good attention to detail and follow through and prioritize safety.
• Willing and able to work indoors and outdoors.
• Adaptable given unexpected situations in work environment.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Able to work Saturdays or weekdays.
• Pass a Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
• Comfortable working in a retail/warehouse environment.
• Become familiar with Habitat for Humanity’s mission and purpose, to embrace the Surplus Sale’s role in Habitat’s work to build and repair homes for local low-income families.
Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale Mission: Generate revenue to support Palouse HFH’s home build and repair programs, offer an affordable local option for home improvement materials, and promote
reduce-reuse-recycle culture in our community.
Palouse Habitat for Humanity Mission: Serving our neighbors in need by working to eliminate poverty housing on the Palouse and worldwide.
Note: Palouse Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, national origin or disability