To apply for this position, go to www.moscowfood.coop/employment.
The Moscow Food Co-op is accepting applications for a part-time Marketing and Events Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to assist the Marketing Manager in the successful completion of marketing programs and events. The Marketing Assistant supports the marketing department in event, program and demonstration coordination, social media, graphic design as well as provides administrative support. The position assists the Marketing Manager in meeting strategic goals and ends policies set by the Board of Directors.
This position will primarily focus on social media and event coordination.
This position is part-time, 20-29 hours per week; Days and shifts vary and includes early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Complete daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the marketing department activities
- General administrative and marketing support, including: phone coverage, filing, scanning, data entry, calendar management, etc.
- Prepare educational materials for both owners and the community.
- Promote the Co-op as a resource for speakers, programs, and information on consumer, nutrition, food, environment, and cooperative issues.
- Create content for Moscow Food Co-op publications as directed by the Marketing Manager
- Assist with producing the fresh flyer and e-newsletter, which is aimed at sharing information about sales, outreach activities, and other relevant Co-op news
- Assist with social media and web-site content and posting
- Maintain current knowledge of natural foods industry and information affecting the Moscow Food Co-op
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
Event, Program, and Demonstration Coordination:
- ·Coordinate all aspects of in and out of Co-op events, demonstrations, classes, and committee meetings, including FLOWER, Change for Good, Film Program, Business Partner Program, Participating Owners, etc.
- Coordinate the Moscow Food Co-op’s demo program, including scheduling local vendors and setting up an active demo program.
- Coordinate events logistics with the marketing and Store Managers, including marketing materials, securing spaces, tracking attendance, documenting SOPs and event recaps and managing vendor relations.
- Strategize new events for the Co-op and community with the Marketing Manager to engage community and increase sales.
- Take photos for Co-op needs as necessary — this can include staff photos for HR, product photos for an ad, event photos for Education and Event efforts, etc., and maintain consistent photo style that is representative of the Co-op’s brand
- Communicate regularly with operations departments to set up demos that meet their needs
- Maintain detailed and accurate mailing lists for vendors.
- Assist with producing all in-house promotional materials, including department sign templates, recipe cards, gift cards, and Co-op merchandise by using developed brand standards.
- Assist with logo development, design, color, font style and packaging.
- Create templates and other tools departments need to maintain brand standards in materials created.
- Provide the Board of Directors any promotional or event materials, including generating the Annual Report and election material.
- Produce monthly and quarterly publications, ensuring the quality and timeliness of the publication.
Co-op Performance Standards
- Demonstrate excellent customer skills, both internally and externally; Follow the 10-4 service rule.
- Make yourself available to customers; greet each customer promptly with a smile.
- Handle customer complaints and questions courteously.
- Coordinate with all supervisors and leads to address customer concerns, questions or thoughts. i.e., refunds, oops coupons, angry customers, broken machinery etc.
- Communicate directly and professionally, following the Moscow Food Co-op Coworker Conduct Commitment.
- Answer and route phone calls according to Moscow Food Co-op procedures.
- Keep a working phone and personal email address for necessary communication from the Co-op.
- Report customer suggestions, comments, and complaints to MOD or appropriate Manager.
- Work cooperatively with all co-op employees
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Take breaks according to department and store policy.
- Follows the direction of the Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Maintain accurate use of the time system, substitute for other staff as needed.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff and customers.
- Assist with training new staff when appropriate.
- Carry out established opening and closing procedures.
- Complete Co-op-wide training as required.
- Attend all inventories, dept. meetings, and all-staff meetings.
- Participate in department and store-wide initiatives such as they occur.
- Offer suggestions and information about products.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Moscow Food Co-op.
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year marketing, event coordination, or graphic design experience in a retail environment or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, employees, vendors and the public.
- Ability to relate to individual staff with diverse backgrounds and to work with them in a fair, supportive and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated flexibility and excellent organizational skills with ability to function independently.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office, Canva Design and Google Workspace Tools.
- Effective editing, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to create an attractive, welcoming, and efficient retail environment.
- Familiarity with natural foods; a basic understanding of retail concepts and of the retail industry.
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance; adapt to a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Remain in a stationary standing or sitting position for long periods of time.
- Must be able to move about the store and surrounding co-op properties.
- Ascend/Descend ladders; Lift and move up to 50 pounds; Push/pull hand cart, racks up to 200 pounds.
- Frequent kneeling, stooping, squatting, bending, reaching (overhead/front/side/back).
- Ability to tolerate varying temperatures.
- Visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; frequent reading of financial reports, spreadsheets, contracts, invoices, and other detailed documents.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 20 – 29 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
- Event planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Event marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social media marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person