Customer Experience Specialist (CXS)
100% employee-owned NRS is the world’s leading manufacturer of paddlesports gear and apparel with a 50-year legacy in the outdoor recreation industry. Founded on the idea that business can be more than just a way to make money, we strive to be the kind of company we would want to do business with, and the kind of company we enjoy working for.
About the Job:
As a Customer Experience Specialist, you’ll be the voice of NRS for customers from throughout the Northwest, the United States, and the world. You’ll ensure that each and every person who interacts with us enjoys the friendliness, expertise and outstanding service that define NRS. You’ll provide professional-grade equipment and apparel that empowers adventures on the water, and you’ll offer expert advice and guidance to support our customers on their journey. This role requires someone who is passionate about the outdoors with a background in paddlesports or strong desire to learn.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Think and act independently to surprise and delight NRS customers by providing the best possible experience, whether answering questions, solving problems, or just making someone’s day
- Build rapport with people inside and outside the organization
- Provide expert advice to customers to help them find the right gear
- Answer inbound calls, emails, and chats with professional language and friendly tone. Types of communications can include but are not limited to order assisting, answering product questions and inquiries, product troubleshooting, managing basic wholesale inquiries, etc.
- Research required information using available resources when necessary
- Handle and resolve customer complaints, identifying and escalating priority issues and reporting to high-level management when necessary
- Process and manage online web orders while communicating efficiently and effectively with the customer about order status, backordered items, etc.
- Handle product returns with our Hassle-Free and Rock Solid Guarantee in mind
- Cross-train in wholesale operations to handle basic orders and inquiries
- Operate within multiple software systems to manage/complete customer information and orders
- Manage other duties/projects as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Outdoor enthusiast with interest in learning about all things paddlesports
- Proactive mindset and creative problem-solving skills
- Friendly and positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently without losing the teamwork mentality
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and some weekends
- Strong boating background
- 6+ months customer service/sales experience in any industry
Compensation ranges $17 – $19 per hour DOE. Please submit cover letter and resume at https://www.nrs.com/about/careers/. Applications will be accepted through 09/15/22 or until positions are filled.