Responsible for managing entries (pre-show receipt and post-show reconciliation) for National and World Championship Shows. Must attend events and manage show office on-site. Also responsible for maintaining all aspects of the judge’s program including recruitment of new judges, management of judges throughout the application process, assisting carded judges with annual requirements and development of training materials and programs needed to assist judges in on-going education and skill development. Reports directly to show department supervisor/show manager and works in concert with performance department employees and board advisory committees.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service via email, phone and in-person interactions with members, exhibitors and judges.
- Maintain carded judge and judge-applicant files keeping accurate records concerning annual requirements, payment of fees etc.
- Develop educational materials needed to improve and enhance the integrity and uniformity of judges in the field. Assist with planning and coordination of clinics/seminars working in conjunction with other breed and show organizations.
- Work in conjunction with board advisory committee to prepare communications and provide additional educational materials and resources for judges while leveraging technologies to improve communication, delivery of materials and ultimately judging outcomes in the field.
- Attend National and World shows.
- Manage the in-take of entries and stall reservations for National and World Shows.
- Manage the show office at National and World Shows. Reconcile accounts daily during the show and ensure accurate record of daily transactions.
- Reconcile all transactions at the conclusion of each show including processing any necessary refunds, reporting of results to outside associations and ensuring accurate publication of results in Appaloosa Journal.
Interacts with all in-office department personnel including data processing, accounting, registration and performance departments. Also works with judges’ advisory committee and board of director’s judges committee to complete projects and manage judge personnel files.
Minimum Work Requirements
The position requires specialized knowledge of the equine industry, accounting skills to reconcile show and customer accounts, event planning skills, the ability to evaluate and generate educational concepts, strong computer skills, writing/editing/proof reading skills, project management ability and strong communication skills.
How to Apply
This position will remain open until filled. Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Keri LeForce, Performance Department Supervisor, email@example.com