Full-time: Thursday – Monday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
$12.00/Hour Starting Wage
The Humane Society of the Palouse is hiring a full-time Animal Care Attendant. We need an individual who is passionate about the welfare and humane treatment of animals. This position requires dedication to the animals in our care, and to the community to provide the best possible care of these animals entrusted to us. This position requires a special person; someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands a little dirty and someone who really wants to make the world a better place. The job is emotionally and physically strenuous. We witness happy stories and happy pets, and we witness sad stories and neglected pets. You will experience laughter and tears while working to make Moscow and the County a better place for pets to live. Through outreach, education and assistance programs, HSoP takes pride in our efforts to promote responsible pet ownership while making it accessible to all pet owners.
The right candidate for this position will have good communication skills, the ability to handle and cope with stress and emotions, a strong ability to manage time well, and be dedicated to the education of responsible pet ownership. Some, but not all tasks that are expected in this job include: cleaning animal cages, medicating animals, properly handling/restraining animals, providing excellent customer service, preforming reception duties, and handling animals in many different capacities. This position may include working under adverse conditions such as: inclement weather, loud noise, and possible exposure to infectious diseases, parasites, and animal waste in a physically and emotionally demanding environment.
Highlights of HSoP employment:
– Paid sick leave and vacation leave, accrued by hours worked
– Health, Vision, and Dental benefits-50% employer covered available after 60-days
– Access to a 401K
– A set work schedule
– Paid, on-the-job training
Potential candidate qualifications:
– Have a high school diploma or equivalent
– Must not be queasy about blood, poop, parasites or needles
– Must be okay standing for long periods of time
– Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
– Must be flexible/receptive to change
– Previous work experience in animal care is preferred, but not required.
– Be able to understand and carry out oral and written directions
– Be willing to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays
– Have good customer service skills
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org